Monday 6 February 2017

Scan Day

Sunday 5th February 2017

Just a normal sort of day really - Walking the dogs - Doing a few jobs around the house - Lunch.  No eating 2 hours before the appointment which is at 3:15pm.  We didn't want to be late so we set out too early and the roads were pretty clear. On arrival we made our way to the X-Ray Department and booked in. We were directed to a wonderfully named room - Sub Wait 4! Just a few people in there and eventually a nurse calls my name out and gives me two plastic cups of water to drink and then takes me into the CT Scanner room.  Name? DoB? First Line of Address? Am I allergic to anything? Would I be ok if I had to have an injection? Any metal in your trousers? (I was wearing a pair of jogging bottoms).  I must have got all the questions right because they asked me to lie down on the platform that moves through the 'doughnut' of the scanner. Holding my arms above and behind my head I was shunted in and out of the scanner a few times before they put a cannula in my arm and then pumped some fluid through me. The suddenly it's all over - cannula out and a plaster on my arm - Thanks very much - Off you go.

Now we just have to wait for the results and see what we are dealing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment