Saturday 4 February 2017

Consultant's Day

Monday 30th January 2017

I've been looking forward to today so that I can discover one way or the other what is going on.  Things didn't get off to a very good start because I was almost an hour late going in for my consultation.  I didn't see the consultant but his registrar.  Sandra came in with me just in case I forgot any of the conversation later.  I was questioned, examined, prodded and poked and lots of notes were taken. To be honest I thought I might have a scan today but that isn't going to happen. The only thing that I dis discover is that the mass on my kidney is 4cm. I was informed that I would get a CT scan appointment within 7 days.

I still don't feel any different than what I did last week but I now know for certain that we won't be going to Australia any time in the near future. I contacted our travel insurance company and they emailed the claims form to me while I was still talking to him on the phone. One section is for the my GP to complete so I thought I would get down to the medical centre and leave that section so she could complete it when she had time.  I met the receptionist from Hell!  Unhelpful - Dismissive -Condescending - Just what you need at this stage. I the end I just took the form and left.

I had a bowls match arranged for 6:30 so I went there and we lost 12 - 6.  None of us really got started, it was just one of those games.

No comments:

Post a Comment