Saturday 11 February 2017

Appointment!

Saturday 11th February 2017

Since my CT scan last Sunday, we have been waiting for an appointment to see the Consultant. Well, we are a little nearer to knowing what we are dealing with - I had an appointment in the post today for next Friday 17th February at 5:20pm.

We are still no nearer knowing what 'it' is but at least we know when we'll find out.

Despite everything, we are trying to live a normal life.  I have no pain - no symptoms - I feel good.  I am constantly aware of all the possibilities but at this stage it is what it is and I can't change that.

Emma came to stay with us for a couple of days which was great - we've had a meal celebrating Petra & Mac's wedding anniversary - I've played bowls (and won!) - I've started running again.

Last August I started a running programme "Couch Potato to 5K in 8 Weeks" and I was running (and walking) every couple of days until I reached the ultimate aim of Running 5K in 35 mins. The last time I went running was in October and then it became too cold and I felt I had achieved what I started.  Now I have started again and it feels great - not necessarily when I'm running but when I've finished and can see what I have achieved.

Now we have got another weeks wait but I will let you know as soon as I know anything.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. Love Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be thinking of you on Friday, hope all goes well for you. xx

    ReplyDelete